THE PHARMASYNTEZ GROUP OF COMPANIES
Creating Drugs to Save Lives!
The Pharmasyntez Group is a Russian pharmaceutical company engaged in the development and production of up-to-date, high quality and affordable medicines.
It has been on the pharmaceutical market since 1997. The company activities are focused on development and production of pharmaceuticals meant for the treatment of socially significant diseases, such as tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, oncological diseases, diabetes mellitus, and hepatitis.
The company’s mission is to produce high quality and effective drugs demanded by the modern medicine, develop innovative pharmaceutical products and increase the share of domestic drugs at the Russian pharmaceutical market by substitution of imported analogues.
The Pharmasyntez Group’s structure:
· The Irkutsk plant – Pharmasyntez, JSC
· The Ussuriysk plant –EAST-PHARM, LLC
· The Tyumen plant – Pharmasyntez-Tyumen, LLC
· The Bratsk plant – BratskChemSyntez, LLC
· The Saint Petersburg plant– Pharmasyntez-Nord, JSC
The Pharmasyntez Group:
· The Company has been ranked in the top 10 Russian pharmaceutical companies in terms of pharmaceuticals output since 2014;
· The Company has been ranked in the top 3 fastest-developing Russian pharmaceutical companies since 2015;
· The Company is a leader in production of anti-TB and antiretroviral (HIV) pharmaceuticals. More than 49 % of all anti-TB and more than 45 % of ATRV (HIV) pharmaceuticals are produced by Pharmasyntez;
· The Company is the holder of the largest portfolio of antihyperglycemic drugs for the treatment of type II diabetes mellitus in the country (8 trade names);
· The Company was ranked in the top 10 hospital suppliers among Russian pharmaceutical companies in 2017.
The Pharmasyntez Group’s yearly output is more than 50 million packs.
The 2018 sales were 16.8 billion rubles.
The company’s stuff is more than 2,000 highly skilled professionals.
More than 145 products of various dosage forms and strengths – capsules, tablets, granules, infusion solutions, sterile powders, and solutions for injections are currently being produced on the Group’s plants.
Export Geography: more than 10 countries worldwide (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Romania, etc.).
- A research and manufacturing complex for the development and production of antitumor and biotech products is under construction in Saint Petersburg. The first stage of the plant has now been launched. The second stage of the plant is scheduled to be put into operation in 2020.
The project investments are 4 billion rubles.
- The construction of the plant for the production of APIs is about to be completed in Bratsk. The plant’s launch at full power is scheduled for 2019, thus allowing to organize a full production cycle for the company’s drugs.
- Predesign works on the largest capital investment project – creation of a pharmaceutical industrial and technology park – has been started in Usolye-Sibirskoye. An administrative office building, an R&D center along with a number of laboratories fitted with the most up-to-date equipment to carry out new projects for the development and introduction of drug products, as well as pilot plants for elaboration of new product technologies will be located on the territory of the park. Communal, transport, and technological infrastructure is planned to be established.
The preliminary investment volume is 12 billion rubles.
Project implementation phases:
· API department that is to be launched in the 4th quarter of 2021;
· Finished formulation department that is to be launched in the 1st quarter of 2022.
- The investment project “Construction of the hormonal and radiocontrast agent production plant” at the premises of Pharmasyntez-Tyumen, LLC is underway.
Project life is the second quarter of 2020.
The project investments are 3.3 billion rubles.
Total investments over the period 2019 -2021 will be more than 20 billion rubles.
Pharmasyntez is focused on the development of innovative drugs and manufacturing application thereof. The company’s annual investment in research is up to 500 million rubles. It is continuously searching for new chemical molecules against tuberculosis, HIV, and other diseases. The company synthesizes 300 to 500 new molecules annually.
There are 2 innovative drugs in the Pharmasyntez’s portfolio:
- Perchlozone® is intended for the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis, including multi-drug resistant (MDR) tuberculosis. Pharmasyntez is a developer and the only manufacturer of this pharmaceutical product in Russia. Perchlozone® is included in the Vital and Essential Drug List.
- Seroguard® is intended for the treatment and prevention of adhesions after surgery. Currently, phase III clinical trials are being conducted both in Russia and abroad.